As consumer spend continues to shift online, L.E.K. gives retailers the necessary tools to evolve their channel strategy into the ecommerce space. Our leaders and experts have supported many retailers and brands with prioritizing the appropriate operating model, driving customer acquisition, integrating ecommerce with their broader channel strategy, improving the online experience, and managing fulfillment and distribution options. In short, we create value for our clients by helping them plan, prioritize and implement the right ecommerce initiatives that deliver significant profitable growth.
Our experienced professionals have a deep understanding of the key ecommerce challenges in today’s marketplace, and we encourage our clients to consider these key questions:
- What are your digital channels? Your website? Other websites? Mobile apps? Social networks? They’re all critical and they’re all unique
- How do you drive traffic? (e.g., search, digital advertising, personalized emails and online communities that build consumer knowledge, brand awareness and customer loyalty)
- How do you drive conversion? (e.g., website design, ease of navigation, customer service, shipping costs and return policies, and integration with other channels – both physical and digital)
- How do you structure merchandising and pricing? What kinds of products sell best online? What should your assortment be, and how do these factors integrate with what your stores or wholesale accounts carry? How do you handle pricing and promotions differently online than in physical channels?
- What is the right operating model and platform for your ecommerce business today? How should that evolve as your business scales or the digital strategy changes?
Examples of Our Work
- A major apparel and accessories brand needed to clearly define a differentiating digital vision, customer acquisition strategy and actionable roadmap for implementation. L.E.K. defined a strategy that delivered a superior experience for consumers that drove brand differentiation and enhanced customer loyalty and increased spend. After implementation, the strategy resulted in material online sales growth while maintaining historical levels of marketing investment.
- A men’s specialty apparel retailer needed the right strategy to successfully launch a new branded website. L.E.K. diagnosed the key root causes limiting traffic and conversion today and defined the marketing strategy and implementation plan to increase traffic and drive conversion within the new website. We outlined specific initiatives to optimize marketing and conversion, such as free shipping, online-specific promotions and flash sales that led to double-digit sales growth upon launch.
- A national big box sporting goods retailer was looking to transform its small e-commerce business into a growth platform for the organization. L.E.K. determined the most strategically and economically attractive options for front-end and back-end platforms by clearly defining the go-forward digital vision and its technical requirements. The end result was an operating model expected to drive an 800 basis point improvement in operating margins with better service levels to our client’s customers.
- L.E.K. has helped many clients understand how they can integrate Amazon into their current businesses and realize material top-line growth, while mitigating the challenges of selling through Amazon. If done properly, integrating Amazon into clients’ businesses can unleash vast upside potential. Outside of brands with true consumer pull and loyalty, brands that choose not to engage with Amazon run the very real risk of becoming invisible to their customers, especially as digital commerce captures an ever-increasing share of consumer spending.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.