L.E.K. helps insurance clients grow profitably and win in both personal and commercial insurance lines. Our leaders help clients crystallize their participation choices, drive value creation through customer segmentation and lifetime value initiatives, design winning multi-channel distribution strategies, effectively mitigate regulatory uncertainty, and improve their performance through profit enhancement and organizational alignment. Our private equity clients also benefit significantly from this deep expertise.
L.E.K.’s deep experience spans many mass market and specialty insurance lines, including:
- Personal lines P&C (motor, home, travel, extended warranties)
- Commercial lines P&C (SME, corporate and Lloyd's market)
- Life insurance
- Health insurance (corporate and individual)
- Which business areas and lines should we participate in and why?
- Who are our target customers and what are their product needs?
- How do we create and maximize value, particularly in segments perceived to be commoditized?
- What is the appropriate and value-maximizing distribution strategy to reach our target customer segments?
- What opportunities do a changing market, regulatory and technology landscape present and how do we win in this context? What areas can be improved to create maximum impact on top-line performance and improve loss and expense ratios?
- How should we best organize and align incentives to unlock value and win?
- What new products and service offerings are required to respond to the increasing social and health funding gap?
Examples of Our Work
In recent engagements, L.E.K.:
- Helped renew an international personal lines insurer’s position in the U.K. market and return to profitability by identifying and focusing the business on customer ownership initiatives, improvements in its technical pricing capabilities and a claims improvement program.
- Unlocked value for a leading specialist insurance distributor by segmenting its customer base and discovering the distribution of customer lifetime value. Our guidance helped the client redeploy its marketing and operational efforts towards the greatest potential accounts.
- Assisted a Lloyd's and London market insurer in revisiting and improving its distribution strategy to grow and protect its business flows across its principal business areas including commercial, specialty and re-insurance.
- Advised a specialist annuity provider how to revise its medium-term strategic plan and support the activation of key initiatives in distribution, new products and organizational design.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.