L.E.K.’s natural resources team works with METS clients around the world to solve their most difficult challenges. In one of many recent assignments, L.E.K. worked with a leading mine-site contractor to identify, prioritize and win substantial new contract opportunities, which helped underpin a significant expansion in business profitability.
- Where are the growth opportunities and how can we refine our value proposition to win them?
- Which commodities/regions/customers are most attractive to serve and how do we enter those segments?
- How do we need to change our operating model to suit the commodity price down cycle?
- Where and how can we gain greater cost efficiency in our organization?
Examples of Our Work
- Conducted a due diligence of a supplier of strata support consumables.
- Assisted a major global producer and user of nitrogen-based products to identify and deliver significant cost reductions across the organization.
- Assessed the attractiveness and potential entry strategies into adjacent mining services segments for a mining equipment rentals firm.
- Helped an ammonium nitrate producer considering expansion of its production capacity. L.E.K. assessed the region to determine whether a sufficient supply/demand imbalance existed to justify a more granular expansion-feasibility study.
- Analyzed the contract-mining industry to provide an investment firm with external validation that the sector is attractive and identify potential market entry points.
- Supported a mine-services operator to realize the growth potential of its underutilized load-and-haul equipment by assisting them in their sales strategy to mine operators.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.