L.E.K. has broad packaging experience working for leaders in the sector. We help clients across the globe grow and invest successfully in the sector, focusing on M&A support services, growth strategy development, post-merger integration, operational improvement and market evaluation work. For example, we help clients develop customized strategies that increase share and capitalize on new markets and market segments.
Our deep expertise is shaped by our extensive project portfolio across the full spectrum of packaging sectors, including:
- Caps and closures
- Equipment manufacturers
- Flexible packaging
- Paper and secondary packaging
- Rigid packaging
- Sustainable packaging
- Value chain participants (e.g., raw materials suppliers, graphic designers, printers, etc.)
Our experienced professionals have a deep understanding of key issues faced by our clients, for example:
- What are key strategic packaging trends affecting specific sectors and how can I take advantage of these trends to increase growth and profitability?
- How is the value chain changing and what are the implications for channel participants?
- What are attractive sectors to invest in (e.g., where is there material conversion, where is innovation driving margin, what geographies / sectors have attractive demand characteristics, etc.)?
Examples of Our Work
L.E.K. is committed to providing our clients with insightful, meaningful and actionable results. We back our recommendations up with rigorous analysis and have a highly collaborative work style. Read the stories below to learn how we've helped clients realize their objectives:
- L.E.K. identified the most attractive segments for our client’s entry into flexible packaging based on market dynamics and fit with existing capabilities. L.E.K.’s assessment of the risk and return of each entry strategy option enabled our client to determine the best path forward.
- L.E.K. developed a detailed fact base around the underlying beverage packaging market in an emerging market. L.E.K. identified attractive segments in high-end flexible and rigid packaging, which currently represent a ~$700M opportunity. The client is currently pursuing the identified opportunities.
- A leading U.S. packaging company made significant reductions in sales force and supporting processes during a downturn, and found its sales lagging competitors’ as the market began to recover. L.E.K. developed a customized plan to help the client increase sales rep selling time, improve win rates and ultimately drive sustainable sales force improvements. Working with our client, we also developed a detailed implementation plan to support execution and change management.
- L.E.K. validated the commercial attractiveness of one of the largest manufacturers of hot runner systems and components, focusing on the U.S., China and Europe regions. L.E.K.’s assessment of the target company’s management revenue projections led to the PE client placing a lower bid than originally expected.
Please contact us at email@example.com for additional information.