L.E.K. advises organizations (and investors) that provide a wide range of services and technology solutions to payers, providers and other constituents across the healthcare value chain.
The substantial changes in payer mix, payer and provider consolidation and integration, as well as regulatory dynamics are fundamentally changing the landscape and requirements of the service and technology providers’ customer bases. We help these organizations optimize their value propositions, business models and distribution to achieve maximum share in their target markets and to avoid being marginalized by insurgent players.
Our experience across the healthcare ecosystem provides an in-depth understanding of, and critical context for, the issues that payers, providers, etc. are facing and how service and technology solutions can most effectively support them in achieving their goals.
Some of the key issues we address for service providers include:
- How will healthcare reform and other industry dynamics affect the demand for particular services and technology solutions?
- How will key healthcare trends such as value-based, population health and consumerism impact payers, providers, and other constituents and their need for healthcare information technology (HCIT) and services?
- What are the key underlying customer needs and what is the value proposition that will differentiate the offering from competitors?
- What additional services and adjacent markets should be pursued?
- Which specialties are likely to move out of hospital settings into community settings, and who is best-positioned to benefit from this trend?
- How can the private sector support and collaborate with the public sector to improve efficiency and care quality?
- What is the opportunity presented by digital healthcare and where is global spending principally deployed?
- What digital healthcare opportunities are patients/consumers prepared to pay for?
- What is the potential for tele-healthcare and what market penetration rates can we expect?
- How can technology be integrated with care services to enhance operational effectiveness?
Examples of Our Work
To learn more about how we help our clients, please refer to these case examples:
- Assessed the total addressable market and developed a growth strategy for a provider of practice management (PM) and electronic health records (EHR) solutions to chiropractic and physical therapy providers.
- Developed a strategic and go-to-market plan for a novel physician workflow efficiency, compliance and care delivery information technology platform enabling successful commercialization of an internally-developed suite of technology solutions.
- Evaluated the healthcare analytics solutions market, including segmentation, sizing and competitor review to inform investment prioritization and develop a recommended portfolio approach to mitigate risk and optimize returns for a healthcare information technology investor.
- Conducted commercial due diligence of a provider of a cloud-based SaaS point-of-care solution to healthcare providers (hospital systems, hospitalists and specialists) to help manage charge capture as part of medical billing. Client elected not to pursue the investment due to issues and risks identified during the diligence.
- Completed a market assessment of a provider of revenue cycle management (RCM) and patient engagement multi-channel communications, data services and payments to hospitals, software resellers, physician practices and healthcare focused collection agencies. Enabled the successful sale of the company by the private equity owner to another investor.
- Developed the vision, strategy and business model for an emerging leader in digital health and digital medicine. The company subsequently successfully closed a substantial round of financing, which ranked among the largest digital health financing rounds in recent years.
- Conducted a strategic review of the U.S., U.K., Spain and Germany markets for a global provider of telecare and telehealth services. Enabled a successful refinancing effort and established a foundation for continued global growth.
- Created a comprehensive fact-base of the ACO market opportunity to inform the go-to-market strategy for the services and technology business unit of a leading payer-provider, including an in-depth evaluation of the ACO services market (including sizing and segmentation), current and future competitors, customer needs, and articulated implications for the client’s go-to-market strategy. The client subsequently green-lighted additional investment, substantially refined the positioning of their service line and modified sales targeting, which led to accelerated growth.
- Completed an opportunity assessment and developed the strategy for Retiree Private Exchange (RPE) for a leading health and financial services provider. The client invested significantly to pursue the opportunity and has continued to successfully grow the business.
- Conducted an in-depth assessment of the population health market and developed a business case and strategy for entering the market for a provider of care management, revenue cycle management and physician advisory services. The business case yielded subsequent investment to develop a differentiated offering and value proposition for the population health platform.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.