L.E.K.’s deep experience in the TV and film ecosystem includes engagements for distribution networks (cable, satellite, IPTV, mobile, Internet, etc.), sports/site-based entertainment, Internet/digital media, advertising, theater chains, movie studios, and digital services providers. We have advised on the largest TV and film acquisitions, worked for almost every major studio and broadcast network, worked for five of the biggest cinema chains in the world, and five of the top eight MVPDs.
If consumers are trending toward purchasing content from digital platforms, then we ask clients to consider:
- How will new ways to consume home entertainment affect viewing behavior?
- How can we make money in over-the-top TV?
- What positive or negative effects will Internet apps have on home entertainment?
- What is the future of news?
- How will the digital transition affect sales and pricing of content (books, music, TV, etc.)?
Examples of Our Work
Working with television and film companies, L.E.K. has helped:
- Optimize spending on operations for a major entertainment company. The client realized $10M –$15M of annual savings within 12 months after a six-week diagnostic of procurement processes.
- Identify total distribution cost savings of ~50% for a major studio.
- Work with an international production and distribution company to develop a strategic licensing and partnering plan that maximized value from a popular and successful content library.
- Identify optimal acquisition candidates in the TV production industry in France, Germany, Spain, Poland, United States and Canada.
- Evaluate anti-piracy initiative efficacy for a leading movie studio by conducting primary research of consumer response to alternative anti-piracy tactics.
- Review acquisition opportunities for a major TV company in new media, cable channels, broadcast, and other areas, as well as supporting a successful $2.5 billion acquisition.
Please contact us at email@example.com for additional information.